Friday, April 27, 2012

Austen Quotes

     So if you didn't know by my previous posts, I love Jane Austen books :) Some random favorite quotes:

From Emma: 

Mr Knightley: Emma, you didn't ask me to contribute a riddle.
Emma Woodhouse: Your entire personality is a riddle, Mr. Knightley. I thought you overqualified.

From Pride and Prejudice: 

Mr. Darcy: Do you talk, as a rule, while dancing?
Elizabeth Bennet: No...No, I prefer to be unsociable and taciturn... Makes it all so much more enjoyable, don't you think?

~

Elizabeth Bennet: If he cannot percieve her regard, he is a fool.
Charlotte Lucas: We are all fools in love.

From Sense and Sensibility: 

Elinor Dashwood: I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him - that I greatly esteem him... I like him.
Marianne: Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant.

---
So yeah, random quotes. The best part of reading is probably identifying with the characters. Being able to live in someone else's shoes for a little while, too.  I probably read for 1/3rd of my waking hours when I was home schooled. I'm pretty busy with high school and track now, but it's nice to find time to read a good book every once in a while!

~Birdy

No comments:

Post a Comment